TREASURE ISLAND RESORT & CASINO
Last Updated: April 1, 2023
Welcome, and thank you for your interest in Prairie Island Indian Community, d/b/a Treasure Island Resort and Casino (“Treasure Island Resort & Casino,” “we,” “our,” or “us”). This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, store, use, and disclose information about you when you use our mobile applications (the “Apps”), our websites https://www.ticasino.com/ and https://www.playticasino.com/ (the “Sites”) and other online products and services that link to this Privacy Notice (collectively, the “Service”). Please note that this Privacy Notice does not cover or apply to our processing of information about our employees or independent contractors.
Please ensure that you have read this Privacy Notice and understood how we collect, store, use and disclose your personal information before accessing or using the Service.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Information That You Provide
We may collect personal information from you when you use our Service. The categories of information we collect can include:
- Hotel Reservations and Guest Profile Creation. When you book a hotel room, we collect the following guest information which is also used to create your Guest Profile: first name, last name, postal address, email address and phone number, payment card information (payment card type, number, CVV, and expiration date), and password to create your Guest Profile. You may be able to upload a picture as part of the Guest Profile. To share a profile photo or videos, we will access your device camera roll and camera with your permission. If you need to update your permissions, you can do so in the “Settings” app of your device. We will also collect any additional comments, requests, or special requirements you include as part of your hotel reservation, some of which may also include personal information. If you are booking a reservation on someone else’s behalf, we will collect your email address in addition to the guest information. We use this information to complete your Guest Profile and secure your reservation.
- Island Passport Club. When you join the Island Passport Club, we may collect your name, email, address, date of birth, postal address, phone number, gender, and gaming activity. We use this information to manage your membership, communicate with you, enhance the services we offer, and to manage and grow the Treasure Island Resort & Casino community. In addition, if you submit a “Win/Loss” request, we collect the primary name shown on the Island Passport Card, the income tax year, the Island Passport account number, the last four digits of your social security number, daytime phone number, date of birth, your email address, whether the request is for the daily detail or a summary, and your postal mailing address. We use this information to fulfill your request, to assist and fulfill regulatory requirements, and to protect and defend our rights and property.
- Online Purchases. When you make a purchase online, we may collect your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and payment card information (payment card type, number, CVV, and expiration date). We may use this information to fulfill your purchase and communicate with you about your purchase.
- Play TI Casino. When you create a Play TI Casino account, we may collect information such as your email or your Island Passport Club card number, your first name, last name, date of birth, and password. If you purchase virtual coins, we may also collect your name, email, date of birth, address, country, city, state, zip code, and payment information (payment card type, number, CVV, and expiration date). All transactions on our Sites are handled through payment processors such as World Pay, Apple Pay and Google Pay. You may be able to upload a picture as part of the Guest Profile. To share a profile photo or videos, we will access your device camera roll and camera with your permission. If you need to update your permissions, you can do so in the “Settings” app of your device. We use this information to manage your Rewards, process your purchase, and communicate with you regarding your account and Play TI Casino. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com. Treasure Island Resort & Casino may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
- Inquiries and Feedback. If you contact us, we will collect the information that you provide us, such as your contact information and the contents of your communication with us. If you contact our customer support, we collect information about your account, your device, information relating to your user support requests and any other information you choose to provide. If you join our waiting list, we may also collect your name and email address. We use this information to investigate and respond to your inquiries, to communicate with you, to enhance the services we offer to our users, and to manage and grow the Treasure Island Resort & Casino community.
- Emails. If you sign up to receive news or alerts from us, you make a reservation, or you sign up for the Island Passport Club, we may collect your email and applicable interests and communication preferences in order to send you regular updates about the Service. We use this information to manage our communications with you and send you information about products and services we think may be of interest to you. If you wish to stop receiving email messages from us, please see the “Control Over Your Information” section below.
- Events, Surveys, and Promotions. If you fill out any forms relating to Treasure Island Resort & Casino events, purchase a ticket, or otherwise participate in one of our surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotional events, we collect your contact and demographic information, and any other information requested on the form or at sign up. We use this information to fulfill the purpose of the form or sign up, facilitate the event, survey, contest, sweepstakes, and promotion, and to inform you about future programs that may be of interest to you.
- Employment Applications. If you apply for employment, we collect your contact and demographic information including your name, email, address, employment eligibility, educational and work history, employment interests, information obtained during interviews and any other information you choose to provide. We use the information provided to evaluate your candidacy for employment, to communicate with you during the application process and to facilitate the onboarding process.
Information from Third Parties
We may also receive personal information about you from:
- “Invite a Friend” Feature. We may receive your email address when one of your friends invites you to the Play TI Casino website or any other one of our Sites that may offer this feature. We use this information to administer and facilitate our Service and conduct marketing activities.
- Business Partners and Service Providers. We may receive your personal information from our business partners or service providers. These third parties may include our technology providers, social networks, website operators, marketing partners, ticket agencies, and references. The information may include contact information, demographic information, interests, information about your subscription, and educational and professional history. We use this information to administer and facilitate our Service, process your subscription, and conduct marketing activities.
Social Media. When you interact with our Service through various social media, such as when you click on the social media icon on the Service, connect your Play TI Casino account to Facebook, invite a friend, follow us on a social media site, or post a comment to one of our pages, we may receive information from the social network such as your profile information, profile picture, gender, user name, user ID associated with your social media account, age range, language, country, and any other information you permit the social network to share with third parties. The data we receive may be dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, as well as to communicate directly with you, such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Single Sign-On. We may use single sign-on ("SSO") such as Facebook to allow a user to create an account on our Service. We will have access to certain information from those third parties in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by those third parties, including, for example, your name, username, language preference, and profile picture. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service. We may also send you service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, purchase confirmation, customer support, changes or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices).
Information from Other Sources. We may obtain information from other sources, such as third-party information providers, or through mergers and acquisitions, and combine this with information we have about you. In these cases, our Privacy Notice governs the handling of the combined personal information. We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Service, to better understand the demographics of the individuals with whom we interact, as well as to communicate directly with you such as to send you email messages about products and services that may be of interest to you.
Other Uses of Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may collect, use, process, combine, retain and store personal information and information that we collect or receive for a variety of purposes, including the following:
- For our business activities, including to operate the Service and to provide you with the features and functionality of the Service, and to authenticate your account;
- To verify your payment in connection with a subscription or other paid portions of the Service;
- To communicate with you and respond to your requests, such as to respond to your questions, contact you about changes to the Service, and communicate about account related matters;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, such as to market to you or offer you with information and updates on our products or services we think that you may be interested in;
- For analytics and research purposes, including through the use of machine learning;
- To enforce this Privacy Notice and our Terms of Service, to resolve disputes, to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights, and to protect our business interests and the interests and rights of third parties;
- To comply with contractual and legal obligations and requirements;
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide personal information; and
- For any other lawful purpose, or other purpose that you consent to.
2. HOW WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also share, transmit, disclose, grant access to, make available, and provide personal information with and to third parties, as described below.
- Other Members of the Service. Your name and photo, and other content you post to public areas of the Service will be viewable by others on the Service and the public, such as through the Winners page. Please do not provide personal information you would not want to be public.
- “Invite a Friend” Feature. When you invite a friend to our Service, the recipient of the invitation will be able to see your first name and first initial of your last name when you receive the invitation email.
- Service Providers. We share personal information with third party service providers who perform services on our behalf, including event coordinators, market research providers, advertising partners, payment processors, and technology providers (including technology support providers, email communications providers, analytics providers, data storage providers, and web and video hosting providers and developers).
- Business Partners. We may disclose personal information to our third-party business partners for their own business or marketing purposes, including to promote their products or services, or with whom we partner to provide events, contests, sweepstakes, or referral programs. We may also share your personal information with other third parties who may have products or services we think you may enjoy.
Online Advertising Partners. We also share personal information with advertising networks or permit these partners to collect information from you directly on our websites to facilitate online advertising, such as search engines and social network advertising providers to serve targeted ads to you or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics, on third-party platforms. For more information, including how to opt out of interest-based advertising, please see the “Third-Party Tracking and Online Advertising” section below.
- Related Companies. We may also share your personal information with our affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, and other related companies that are owned or managed by the Prairie Island Indian Community. These entities include Mount Frontenac Golf Course, Island Xtreme Bowl and Dakota Station. The personal information is shared for the purposes noted in this Privacy Notice, and these entities will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this Privacy Notice.
- Regulatory or Legal Requirements, Safety and Terms Enforcement. Third parties to respond or comply with, in our sole discretion, a court order, subpoena, law enforcement or other government request (with or without notice to you, in our discretion) under applicable law. We may also disclose your personal information to third parties, in our discretion, to: (i) satisfy any applicable law or regulation, (ii) enforce this Privacy Notice, including the investigation of potential violations thereof, (iii) investigate and defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations, or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of us, the Service, other Service users, or third parties (including financial loss, or in connection with preventing fraud or illegal activity, and/or enforcing our contractual rights);
- Corporate Transaction. Buyers, successors, or others in connection with a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us may be among the assets transferred;
- At Your Request or With Your Consent. We may disclose your information publicly or with another third party at your request or with your prior authorization; and
- Anonymized Data. We may also share your information with third parties in the aggregate or stripped of personally identifying characteristics.
We, and our third-party partners, automatically collect information about you and any computer or device you use to access the Service, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us. Some of the information we collect, and ways we collect it, include:
- Cookies. When you use or visit the Service, we may send one or more cookies — small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters — to your computer or device that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, computer, or device. A cookie may also convey other information to us, such as: your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address; unique device identifiers; your browser settings and specification; and information about how you use the Service (e.g., the pages you view, the links you click, features and functionalities you utilize, how frequently you access the Service, and other actions you take on the Service). Cookies also allow us to track your usage of the Service over time.
- Log Files. We may record log file information each time you access the Service. This information may include information such as: your requests or actions; IP address; browser type; unique device identifiers; information about your computer or device; number of clicks; how you interact with links, features, or functionalities on the Service; and other such information.
- Clear Gifs. We may employ clear gifs (also known as web beacons or pixel tags) which may collect information about you, your computer or device such as: your requests or actions; IP address; unique device identifiers; browser type; information about your computer or device; how you interact with links, features, or functionalities of the Service; information about cookies; all of which can show your Service usage patterns.
- Mobile Device Information. When you access the Service with a mobile device, we may collect and store a unique identifier associated with your device (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), or information about your mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, and mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device, or we may be able to approximate a device’s location by analyzing other information, like an IP address.We also collect information about the way you use our Service, for example, the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our Service, the pages you visit, the links you click, how frequently you access the Service, whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, whether you access the Service from multiple devices, and other actions you take on the Service. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service and to understand more about the demographics of our users. We may also work with third party partners to employ technologies, including the application of statistical modeling tools, which attempt to recognize you across multiple devices.
- Analytics. We may collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, including Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the sites and to understand more about the demographics of our users. For more information on how Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps, visit: https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites.
We use or may use the data collected through tracking technologies to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising; (c) identify you across multiple devices; (d) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (e) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our Service; (f) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (g) otherwise to plan for and enhance our Service.
If you would prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to: (i) change your browser settings to notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. Please note that doing so may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and services on our Service may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. You may also set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our e-mail and performed certain functions with it.
4. THIRD-PARTY TRACKING AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
Interest-Based Advertising. We participate in interest-based advertising and use third-party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. We may share or we may permit third-party online advertising networks, social media companies, and other third-party services to collect information about your use of our Service over time so that they may play or display ads on our Service, on other devices you may use, and on other websites, apps, or services, including on Facebook. Typically, though not always, the information we share is provided through cookies or similar tracking technologies, which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the Sites, and other information. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics, and market research.
Social Media Widgets and Advertising. Our Service may include social media features, such as those from the following services: Facebook, Tik Tok, LinkedIn Twitter, Instagram or other widgets. These social media companies may recognize you and collect information about your visit to our Service, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy notices of those companies.
We may also display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, TikTok, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and others. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our Service while those users are on the social media platform or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. These advertisements are governed by the privacy notices of those social media companies that provide them.
Cross-Device Linking. We, or our third-party partners, may link your various devices so that content you see on one device can result in relevant advertising on another device. We do this by collecting information about each device you use when you are logged in to our Service. We may also work with third-party partners who employ tracking technologies or the application of statistical modeling tools to determine if two or more devices are linked to a single user or household. We may share a common account identifier (such as an email address or user ID) with third-party advertising partners to help recognize you across devices. We, and our partners, can use this cross-device linkage to serve interest-based advertising and other personalized content to you across your devices, to perform analytics, and to measure the performance of our advertising campaigns.
To learn about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some of this advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices, and/or the DAA’s resources at www.aboutads.info/choices. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest-based ads” (Android). You may also be able to opt-out of some – but not all – interest-based ads served by mobile ad networks by visiting http://youradchoices.com/appchoices and downloading the mobile AppChoices app.
5. CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to give you choices about how your personal information is used. These choices include the following:
- Marketing E-Mails. We may send you marketing e-mails from time to time. If you do not wish to receive them, you can opt-out by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the e-mails, by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by submitting a request at the Island Passport Club. Note that you cannot unsubscribe from certain services-related email communications (e.g., account verification, confirmations of transactions, technical or legal notices).
Access to Your Device Information. You may control the access to your device information through your “Settings” app on your device. For instance, you can withdraw permission for the Service to access your geolocation and camera.
- How to Control Push Notifications. You can stop receiving push notifications from us by changing your preferences in the iOS or Android notifications settings menu.
- Modifying or Deleting Your Information. If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, you can contact us directly at email@example.com. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
6. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND SERVICES
For your convenience, our Service may provide links to third-party websites or services that we do not own or operate. We are not responsible for the practices employed by any websites or services linked to or from the services, including the information or content contained within them. Your browsing and interaction on any other website or service are subject to the applicable third party’s rules and notices, not ours. If you are using a third-party website or service, you do so at your own risk. We encourage you to review the privacy notices of any site or service before providing any personal information.
7. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
Our Service is not intended for individuals under 18 years of age. As such, and in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, we do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that any personal information has been collected inadvertently from a child under 13, we will delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have collected information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to change this Privacy Notice from time to time in our sole discretion. We will notify you about material changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Treasure Island Resort & Casino account, by placing a prominent notice on our Sites, or through other appropriate communication channels. It is your responsibility to review this Privacy Notice periodically. When we do change the Privacy Notice, we will also revise the “last modified” date.
9. CONTACT US
If have questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com or at:
Treasure Island Resort & Casino
P.O. Box 75
Red Wing, MN 55066